The purposes for which the Suffolk County Asian American Advisory Board are as follows:
- Bring to the attention of the County Executive those issues that impact upon the Asian-American communities throughout the County of Suffolk.
- Seek community input on relevant issues that impact their communities.
- Improve communications and cultural understanding between the Asian-American communities, government, and its residents.
- Address pertinent issues, some of which include
– small business development /economic development.
Encourage civic participation in the communities.
The purposes of the Board shall be promoted through educational programs, conferences, committees, projects and other programs.